Filing a Simple Divorce in Mutual Agreement

Fast, Reliable Non Attorney Service

In Simple Divorce in Mutual Agreement

No Court Divorce

If both of you have been separated for quite some time and you feel things are pretty stable this is a great option.

For a Florida simple divorce without a court hearing (no-court divorce) the case will be filed in Lee County. It does not matter if you never lived there as long as one of you have lived in the State of Florida for the last 6 months.

This county makes the process very easy and accommodating for anyone filing for divorce.

Once efiled the judge reviews the documents and mails the final judgement to you and your ex along with a copy of the parenting plan and marital settlement agreement typically within 30 days.

Cost of Simple Divorce in Mutual Agreement:

2 payments of $140.00

$140 Deposit Due Upon Starting

$140 Final Payment Due when Returning the Simple divorce forms signed

  • Once deposit is received you will receive the divorce forms within 24 hours in your email. Let us know if you would like us to send them in the mail (no additional cost for regular mail).
  • When you and your spouse sign the forms in front of a notary you can return them by scanning into a PDF and emailing them back to us or by mail.
  • Once we receive the forms we will review them and send you the final invoice. We will file the forms within 24 hours of receiving the payment.
  • We will include the Application for Indigent Status with our forms. If you are low income
  • Ready to get started? Submit your information here. We will email you an invoice for the deposit by email when we review the intake form.

Frequently Asked Questions

What if my spouse changes her/his mind?

We understand emotions can go into a roller coaster ride during this process. If your spouse decides not to participate in a mutual agreement divorce then the next option would be to get him/her served divorce papers.

If you become a complete case management client for a Florida simple divorce we will not charge extra to make the proper adjustments to the paperwork. Keep in mind the process will change as follows:

  • The case will require hearings and maybe even mediation. You are responsible for attending these hearings.
  • Once the respondent (your ex) is served we need to wait 20 calendar days until we help you with the 2nd step in order to request a hearing.
  • We will help you until the case is final however please understand we are not attorneys. We can help you with whatever paperwork is required but we cannot advocate on your behalf.

What if the Court Decides I Do Not Qualify for the Court Filing Fee Waiver?

The clerk of court decides if you qualify for the Application of Indigent Status. If they decide you do not qualify you can call them to request a payment plan.

Most courthouses will accommodate a 6 month payment plan. Paying the court filing fee in payments will not delay receiving the final judgement.

What if we got married in another State/Country?

This is a very common question. It does not matter where you got married. What matters is that either you or your soon to be ex has lived in the State of Florida for the last 6 months.

We have minor children but they live in another country, can I file for a simple divorce?

No, the petition for a simple divorce indicates it’s a simple divorce without children. A divorce with children requires many more documents. Please see our divorce with children page for more details.

I know where my ex lives however we do not speak at the moment. Can I still do a simple divorce in mutual agreement?

If you know where your spouse lives we can mail the documents however we find that when there is no communication between spouses, it can get a little dicey. We will include a letter indicating what we do and our contact information.

If your spouse does not send the notarized paperwork back we will need to serve him/her which will make it a simple divorce by summons and there will be a court hearing in your county courthouse that you need to attend. There is no additional fee on our part for making the switch.

Ready to get started?


Have Questions for a Simple Divorce in Mutual Agreement?

[Form id=”1″]


We are not divorce attorneys and do not provide legal advice. Nothing on this website is to be considered legal advice. Please contact a Florida divorce lawyer for legal advice.